The first step: Coffee.
(When isn’t it?!)
1.) Research travel nursing.
- Look into different agencies, read reviews on each.
- Pinterest travel nursing for extremely helpful tips.
- Read different travel nursing blogs and the discussions between people. You can also make a blog and obtain information within your own discussions.
- Talk to travel nurses.
- I’m lucky to have met multiple travel nurses who gave me tons of insight to the best nursing agencies. (See below.)
2.) Contact multiple nursing agencies.
- Core Medical Group
- AB Staffing
- Supplemental Health Care
- Nursing recruiters are available to speak to regarding the different jobs. They’re very attentive and have contacted me biweekly.
- Licensing Department with information on each state.
3.) Apply for your license.
- Go to the online site for the Board of Nursing for each state you want to apply to.
- Review the qualifications & requirements.
- Apply online or on paper:
- Note: Most licenses cost $150-$200
- Verify your license on http://www.nursys.com
- Note: Each state costs $30
- Obtain your finger prints and mail them to each state.
- Note: $50 fee per state